Friday, October 5, 2012

Come. Listen.

So excited for General Conference this weekend.

As a little girl growing up in Illinois, we had to go to the chapel and listen to conference on the radio. Eventually we were able to watch (in the chapel) via satellite feed.  That was a very exciting thing for us out in the boondocks.
Now with all the amazing innovations in technology, I can watch conference from almost anywhere. I love having this Saturday and Sunday to putter around the house, curl up on the couch, and listen to the leaders of our church teach and testify of Jesus Christ.

Some of my favorite speakers: Elder Holland, President Eyring, President Uchtdorf. (They're kind of everyone's favorites though.)

In April of 2011, I was able to get tickets to the Sunday morning session of conference in the Conference Center in Salt Lake City, which is right across the street from the Salt Lake Temple.



I was able to take two of my beautiful nieces with me (along with Jennie's darling friend Kamala).


Michelle
Jennie Rae
I remember sitting in the upper balcony (you can see the MoTab choir seats WAY down below us in the background). The choir sang "The Spirit of God" which has always been one of my most favorite hymns (ever since my "City of Joseph" days growing up in the Nauvoo stake). I felt a wave of love and peace and joy wash over me while they sang. It was as tangible as a warm wind in my face.

Elder Paul V. Johnson gave a talk that morning entitled "More Than Conquerors Through Him That Loves Us" that has stayed with me to this day. It touched my heart and gave me hope and strength. I listen to it often.



Come. Listen. It's awesome.

link:: Come Listen to Living Prophets

link:: LDS General Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment